With October here, fall is in full swing. Do you know what that means? Cooking in the oven again! The smells of warm spices and fresh apples will be everywhere!
We tried out a recipe for caramelized pumpkin bread, from Half the Sugar, All the Love: A Family Cookbook by Jennifer Tyler Lee and Anisha Patel. It was delicious and healthy(ish)!
Can’t make it into the library? Not a problem. This title is also available on hoopla.
This book is perfect for the whole family, as the authors share tips on how to get kids involved too. Too busy to make it and bake it in one night? Tips on prepping and making ahead are also included.
Ready to get baking? Check out some of these other fall favorites as well:
- Easy-As-Pie Apple Slab Pie in Pie Squared: Irresistibly Easy Sweet & Savory Slab Pies by Cathy Barrow.
- Apple Dumplings in Southern Heirloom Cooking by Norma Jean Haydel (available on hoopla)
- Cardamom Pumpkin Pudding Cake and Apple-Sweet Potato Pecan Dump Cake in Taste of Home Quick Cooking Annual Recipes 2020 by Taste of Home Books
- Pumpkin-Hazelnut Casserole in The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever by Susie Cushner (available on Overdrive/Libby)
- And, an entire book dedicated solely to fall recipes, Fix-It and Forget-It: Best of Fall Recipes by Hope Comerford (available on hoopla)
Submitted by Becky, Adult & Teen Services Outreach Librarian