Shorewood Troy Library
Adult Services Assistant
Are your children starting the school year remotely? Here are a few helpful tips to start the school year off on the right foot for both you and them!
1. Create a home learning space and personalize it!
- Is there an outlet nearby to keep the laptop charged?
- Is the sun directly hitting the computer screen? Is there not enough light to work by?
- Is the workspace big enough for the computer as well as scratch paper and other supplies?
2. Post a copy of the daily school schedule so it’s easily accessible for everyone.
- Print out the schedule with times.
- Make sure to note what is a live session or pre-recorded session.
- Have a daily to-do list and mark off assignments as they are completed.
3. Have all regular school supplies on hand. Students will need them.
- Loose leaf paper
- Writing utensils
- Coloring supplies
4. Encourage movement breaks.
- Everyone needs to get up and stretch! Take a few minutes to refresh!
5. Reduce other distractions, if possible.
- Try to isolate children from each other, if possible.
- Have children who are close together use headphones to block out other noise.
Looking for more resources? Check out these articles!
22 Remote Learning Tips for Parents Helping at Home