The Library reserves the right to photograph program participants. Photos are for library use and may be used in library publicity materials. Patrons who do not wish to be photographed should notify library staff.
The library is open to the public.
- As of 8.4.21 in keeping with other local governmental agencies, masks are now required for all patrons inside the library building.
- Fines are waived for all overdue items unless they are from another library. Fees for lost or damaged items will still be charged.
- When returning items, please use the outside book returns, the red book return box in the lobby, or the book drop in the Children’s Department.
- Patrons who do not wish to come all the way into the building to pick up materials may schedule an appointment to pick up items in the lobby. Please call 815.725.1715 to make your appointment.
- Library laptops are available for use with a driver’s license, keys, or other item of value. They may be used for 90 minutes (or longer if no one else is waiting). They must be returned 30 minutes before closing.
- Library desktop computers are available for 60 minutes with up to two 15 minute extensions if no one is waiting.
- Copying, printing, faxing and scanning, along with wireless printing, is available (please see separate page).
- Notary service is available (no charge); however, please call to confirm a notary is on site, 815.725.1715.
- Passport processing is available Monday-Thursday, 10AM-6PM; Friday, 10AM-4PM; Saturday, 9AM-1PM. Please have all of your paperwork filled out (DO NOT SIGN) and bring your photo with you.