Shorewood-Troy Public Library District residents can click/tap the button to get a new library card online. Fill out the short form and receive your new library e-card in your email within minutes! If you already have a Shorewood-Troy Library card, you will receive an email reminding you of your barcode and PIN.
Save Your E-Card in the Library App
To easily save and access your e-card, download the Shorewood-Troy Library app from Google Play or the App Store. Click on My Account and enter the barcode and PIN (last 4 digits of barcode). Voila! Your e-card is permanently saved in the app for easy item access.
- You must be a resident of the Shorewood-Troy Public Library District or a student in Troy 30-C, Minooka 201 or Joliet 204 school districts. (See The Library Link program for student cards.)
- For a physical library card, bring 2 forms of ID (one with a current photo and one with your address, eg. a piece of mail or a bill) to the main floor circulation desk.
- Cards are good for 3 years and must be renewed in person.
- Children ages 5-17 can get a card if a parent/guardian signs the application. Cards have the same privileges as adult cards, except for internet access, which may be restricted by the parent/guardian.
- Children under age 5 can get a 1000 Books Before Kindergarten card.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten helps parents and other caregivers develop early literacy skills in children from birth to age four. Sign up in person in the Children’s Department; then track all your reading online through Beanstack.