Apply for a NEW Passport
Alert: The U.S. Department of State is experiencing extremely high volume. Routine service takes up to 18 weeks. Expedited service takes up to 10 weeks. Please plan ahead!
Anyone applying for a first time passport must apply in person using form DS-11. If you were under 16 when your passport was issued (a 5 year passport) you can not renew.
- Applications – Due to COVID-19 precautions, applications must be filled out before your appointment.
- Applications are available at the library or on the U.S. Department of State website. If accessing them online, print them single-sided.
- Fill out all information in black ink (no white out) but DO NOT SIGN YOUR FORM. You must sign in front of a passport agent.
- The applicant(s) must be present.
- Both parent(s) and child(ren) must be present for all minor applications under the age of 16.
- Valid Photo ID – Applicants and parents of applicants under age 16 must have a valid photo ID.
- Original Proof of Citizenship – such as certified, original, long form birth certificates, naturalization papers, or a U.S. Passport for applicants over the age of 16.
- Current Passport Photo – The Library does not provide photo services; however, there are several places near the Library that provide the service, such as Costco and Walgreens. Please note: eyeglasses must be removed for passport photos and must be taken in the last six months.
- Fees – You will pay a fee to the U.S. Department of State for whatever passport products you select (check or money order only). You will pay a separate second fee to the library as the passport processing agency (cash, check, or credit card). These fees are all standard. Please see the fee schedule for details.
Note: The U.S. Department of State has strict photo guidelines and acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U. S. passport agency.
For further information on the passport application process, visit the U.S. Department of State website or call the library at 815.725.1715.
Passport Agency Rules and Hours
Shorewood-Troy Public Library has been designated as an official Acceptance Facility of the Department of State. We accept applications for NEW passports Monday-Saturday, during scheduled passport hours.
- Currently, the library does not require an appointment for passport processing. Just drop in during our passport hours (see above).
- All paperwork except your signature must be completed before arrival (see instructions to the left). Bring all paperwork and supporting documents with you to your appointment.
- Masks are recommended for unvaccinated patrons.
- If the passport is for a minor child, both parent and child must be present.
- Only one applicant will be allowed in the office with the passport agent at a time.
Adult Passport Renewals
Adult passport renewals are easy to do. To renew a 10-year adult passport, visit the U.S. Department of State website and download form DS-82 along with the instructions. You will need to submit a NEW photo as well.
You can renew by mail if all of the following are true of your most recent U.S. Passport:
- It is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older;
- Was issued within the last 15 years; (not expired more than 5 years) and
- Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change with a certified copy of your marriage certificate or government-issued document evidencing your legal name change.
Complete the application and mail the application, payment and the passport to the address on the form.
The Library does not accept mail-in renewal applications. Adult renewals are done by the adult and acceptance agencies do not accept these applications.
NOTE: This is a general overview and not all situations are covered. Please contact the Library at 815.725.1715 or visit the U.S. Department of State website for more details.